Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Designing Woman

Yeah, that's me. Mostly what I do is think of stuff, and focus on keeping things moving toward the game in its final form. Most of what I do involves envisioning things and writing stuff down, and 94.7% of what I do is completely dependent on the skill and grace of our coders like Falknor and Aelius.

This week I'm focusing on getting the dragon lairs back into the game, with some major twists. Soon as we get a few stones out of our shoes, those will be available for the a-levels (achievement level titles), starting with black for Venturer.

In my spare time, I'm sketching out public ship routes. A public ship will either sail a circle route or a ferry route between two or three points on a predetermined schedule. Anyone can board one, though nobody can take control of one.

I'm also working to come up with a better way to shop. This is still in the dream stage, but is taking shape rapidly, so more details as it becomes more coherent.

I'm also evaluating object loading patterns so the mob-available and shop-available gear gets into balance (it isn't now).

Also working on website preliminaries for the new styles project (see Aelius' post). Also still rethinking the menu system on the website, since it seems to behave for some and not for others.

It's also getting to the time of brushing off the favor system and seeing if it is going to work or if it is going to take major redesign.

Ditto herbals system.

Hrm. Strange. Reading that, it doesn't seem like I'm all that busy.. wonder why I'm so tired at the end of the day! A well - my motto has always been the same: If you can't get your job done in 24 hours a day... work nights.

No comments: