Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blame Canada?

Seriously. It's ridiculously freezing out there today, and I don't seem to have any hot water. Cold showers tend not to get me started well.

Anyway, now that things have settled a little, how's about an inside peek at what's on my plate:
  • finding more builders to help us get things finished faster, or failing that;
  • getting more areas built with our current builders, or failing that;
  • changing the levels of our current areas to make it look like we have more areas.
Currently it looks like option 3 is the most probable, seeing as we have a whole bunch of areas clustered together at low levels, and very, very few at high levels. As we've now limited the max level to 1000 partly so that we can better cater to all of those levels, well: looks like we gotta cater to them, eh? Not many people enjoy spending 500+ levels in the Wilderness.

In addition, there's the whole can of worms relating to:
  • get off your backside and build some damn areas yourself!
Yeah, I know. I'm currently looking at a few different ideas to see what develops. As of right now, the plan is to re-work some of the older areas that need a re-work, and raise their level if the area would fit well with a higher level.

And talking about level, grats to our newest Admin, Aelius and all his new code. Unfortunately, this further highlights the need for #1 above. Aerosmith is telling me to take a Permanent Vacation but I just want some builders, and maybe some hot water too, if it isn't too much trouble?

3 comments:

Ren said...

I like sheep, though.

Ren said...

Actually, wait a second. I just took a shower and sucked up all the hot water, too. Doesn't it seem weird that during the winter months it doesn't last as long even though you aren't using any more than usual?

Karinthadillo said...

I don't know - I've found that I probably spend more time in the shower during winter months, if there's hot water. It's just so comforting!